“I do so like green eggs and ham!
We all know them and grew up with them…Dr. Seuss Books are classic children’s books that in my son’s opinion never get old. 😉 Green Eggs and Ham is no exception to that statement. Arik loves listening to this story and when I told him we were going to actually eat some green eggs and ham for breakfast he almost lost it. He ended up asking for thirds, so this recipe has now become a regular one on our weekends
Even if your kids don’t know this story, green eggs are always fun to eat and a great way to get some spinach into their bellies! Enjoy and have fun reading with your kids!
- 3 teaspoons butter
- 4 slices of ham
- 1 pound of spinach (fresh or frozen)
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 6 eggs
- parmesan cheese
- Melt 1 teaspoon of butter in a skillet and add the spinach. Cook stirring often until the spinach wilts. Then add the milk and allow to cook for another 2 to 3 minutes. Puree the spinach and set aside to cool.
- Melt 1 teaspoon of butter in the same skillet and cook the ham about a minute per side and set in a pre-warmed oven to keep warm.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, puree, salt and pepper.
- Melt the rest of the butter in the skillet and add the egg mixture. Cook, stirring occasionally for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve with some parmesan cheese sprinkled on top if you like.