Spaghetti pie is a fairly new idea to me…I know, I’ve been living under a rock. My mom-in-law introduced me to it, when she made it for us on our last visit home about a year ago. As soon as I saw how much Arik enjoyed it, I knew it needed a spot in the blog.
And here I am, a whole year later, finally posting this delicious recipe. I always use this recipe for meat sauce or bolognese, since it’s got lots of veggies in it. My freezer is pretty much never without it, which is a good thing since it is such a versatile sauce. If you don’t have any frozen away and don’t feel like making a new batch, you could always just use your favorite jarred version. Once you have the sauce, the rest of the process is easy as pie 🙂 so give it a try. Your kids will love the idea of spaghetti as a pie!
- 8oz./240g whole-grain spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 full tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup/250g cottage cheese
- 2 cups/500ml bolognese sauce or store-bought pasta sauce with meat
- ¾cup/100g mozzarella cheese, grated
- Pre-heat the oven to 350℉/175℃.
- In a medium bowl, combine cooked spaghetti, egg whites, butter, and parmesan cheese.
- Press the pasta mixture into a greased 9in/23cm pie dish.
- Spread the the cottage cheese over the pasta.
- Spread the pasta sauce on top of that and bake, un-covered, for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella and bake for a further 5-10 minutes or until cheese is completely melted.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
This time last year: The American Classic: Meatloaf
One Response to “Spaghetti Pie”
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.
Delish! My lot love spagetti bolognese so I just used our regular recipe for the meat sauce. We are also GF so I used corn spagetti and it turned out great. Also reheats well for leftovers!