Happy Birthday To You, Happy Birthday To You, Happy Birthday Dear Blog, Happy Birthday To You! This week My Little Gourmet is celebrating it’s first year of existence. Something like this needs to, of course, be celebrated with lots of sugar and plenty of calories. Allow me to introduce: No-Bake Nutella Cake with Whipped Yogurt Cream and Raspberries.
This cake or tart or pie or whatever you want to call it requires no oven and very little work. You can make it a day ahead of time and keep it in the refrigerator overnight. The whipped yogurt cream is really soft and fluffy, so if you prefer it to be more set and firm, be sure to use some gelatin.
American readers may be wondering what zwieback toast is and where you can get it. Apparently, Nabisco used to make this product in the states, but it has since been taken off of most grocery store shelves. I use the brand Brandt, which is the original and available to Americans on Amazon. The only downside, is that you either have to buy 10 boxes (about $24) or buy one box ($4) and spend almost $6 on shipping. A lot of people like to eat zwieback for breakfast or as a snack and most commonly it is given to teething babies so you might be able to use up the ten boxes. Or you could just make 20 of these cakes…problem solved. 🙂 If you would rather make your own zwieback, this recipe sounds very good. Regardless of how and where you get your zwieback toast, you definitely should. It will be worth it, trust me!
On this special occasion, I want to take the opportunity to thank YOU, lovely readers of this blog! I appreciate you guys stopping by and trying out these recipes. I even more so appreciate it when you all take the time to leave me a note and tell me about the end result! So, thank you, thank you, thank you a thousand times over, because without you, there would be no blog- you guys are the best! Ok, enough of this sentimental stuff, let’s get to some cake making.
- ½ Jar/3/4cup/225g Nutella
- 12 pieces of zwieback toast
- 1 cup/300g plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup minus 2 tablespoons/200ml whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- fresh raspberries for topping
- Line a springform pan with saran wrap.
- Place the zwieback in a sealable bag and crush until you have finely ground crumbs.
- Place Nutella in microwave for about 30 seconds or until melted.
- Mix together Nutella and zwieback crumbs and press mixture into springform pan. Pace in refrigerator for 1 hour or until hardened.
- In a medium bowl stir together yogurt, 2 tablespoons of sugar, and lemon juice.
- In another bowl combine cream, vanilla, and 1 tablespoon of sugar and whip until stiff.
- Gently fold whipped cream into the yogurt until combined and spread on top of Nutella crust. Place back in the refrigerator anywhere from 3 hours up until overnight.
- Top with fresh raspberries and serve.
On a side note, if you’ve ever wondered what Arik is up to while I am taking pictures of the food, here is your answer: