Egg in a Hole is something we eat quite often in our family, since it is so easy to make and delicious to eat. This christmas tree version though, is something new I tried and Arik absolutely loved it. He almost wanted to just keep the tree and not eat it…almost! 🙂
We will definitely be having this breakfast again on Christmas morning. This way no-one (aka me) has to spend the morning in the kitchen whipping up something fancy, yet we still get to have a festive breakfast. I hope you all have a very merry Christmas filled with lots of family, fun and food and I will see you all next year!! Muaah!
- Butter for the pan
- 1 piece of bread; I used whole-wheat
- 1 egg
- bell pepper for garnish
- Place a pan over medium heat and add some butter.
- While the butter is melting, take a slice of bread and use a christmas tree cookie cutter to cut out a hole in the center of the bread.
- Place the bread in the hot pan, break the egg into the hole, cover and allow to cook for a few minutes. Be sure to also cook the cut-out piece of toast (the tree) on the side.
- Once the egg has set enough, flip the bread and cook for about 30-60 seconds more, depending on how done you want your egg.
- While the egg is cooking, cut out a star and some strips using a yellow and a red bell pepper.
- Place the bread and egg onto a plate and garnish with the bell pepper and serve with your cut-out piece of tree toast as a dipper.