As promised, here is another lunch idea for the little ones (it took a bit longer, I know). That in no way though, means that I haven’t been on the search for ideas. No, no, I’ve been busy and found quite a bit of inspiration on Pinterest. Once I actually get around to trying out the recipes and not just pinning them, I will report back. Why do I feel like I am in trouble? 🙂
These pinwheels were actually just something I made randomly to use up stuff we had in the fridge, but they turned out to be one of Arik’s favorite lunches. Now we have to have these at least 3 times a week or else… So I wanted to be sure to share this simple alternative to a sandwich with you all. Sometimes I don’t use avocado, or I’ll use tomato instead of cucumber, or both; as you can see there is no real set way to make these, so you can just let your creative juices flow. Enjoy!
- 1 large whole-wheat tortilla
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese or
- ½ avocado, mashed up
- 2-3 slices of turkey
- 1-2 slices of cheese of your choice
- 1 small piece of cucumber, peeled and cut into strips
- Spread cream cheese or mashed up avocado (or both) on the tortilla.
- Place turkey and cheese slices on top.
- Lay the cucumber strips about 1 in. from the edge of the tortilla and begin to roll up.
- Roll up the entire tortilla and cut into ½ in wide pinwheels.