If you follow my Facebook Page, you probably already know, that my MacBook decided to give up on me last week. After numerous self-fix attempts, I also gave up and made an appointment with a genius at the Apple store.
Arik and I arrived on time for our 4:30 pm appointment and had to wait for about 10 minutes at the door just to talk to the greeter and get directed elsewhere. I was told to check-in with an Apple worker with a red Ipad, so I went searching. After walking through the whole store, I found the red Ipad in the back, unfortunately she was already surrounded by about 8 other customers. After another 10 minutes of waiting, I was finally able to check in for my appointment and was sent to the kid’s corner for more waiting.
Arik immediately started playing various games on the Ipad in the kid’s corner and after 30 minutes my genius arrived. He decided my laptop was just too full and something needed to be erased. While the computer worked, he disappeared and after about 45 minutes I asked a manager to please find my genius for me. 🙂
This story could go on and on, but I’m fairly certain you are here for the recipe and not my computer problems, so I will say just one more thing. After 3 different geniuses (their shifts kept ending), the erasing of my entire computer, and 3 very long hours in this store, I was told that there is definitely something wrong, but the laptop is just too old to fix, so it’s not worth trying to figure out. Great, thanks for that. Upon returning home, I turned the computer on and lo and behold, it all of a sudden worked just fine. The best part of it all is, that I had to drag Arik kicking and screaming out of the store, because apparently 3 hours with an Ipad is not enough for him! Ok, I’m done. On to this delicious stir-fry, which has one of our favorite ingredients…peanut butter! Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Raise Healthy Eaters.
Chicken and Vegetable Peanut Butter Stir-Fry
- 5-6 cups/500g chopped vegetables, I used broccoli, carrots and bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ginger, grated or chopped finely
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size chunks
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter, chunky
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- Steam the chopped veggies for about 5 minutes or until they are tender with a little bite left.
- Heat the oil in a large pan and saute garlic and ginger for 1-2 minutes. Add the chicken and saute until cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking make the sauce by combining the hot water and peanut butter and whisking until well mixed. Add the soy sauce and rice vinegar and stir well.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, add the steamed veggies and the peanut sauce to the pan and toss until thoroughly mixed.
- Serve over steamed rice and top with chopped peanuts if using smooth peanut butter.