I’m baaack! If you follow my Facebook page then you know that I was a little preoccupied last week with colds and a non-sleeping child. I’m still working on the non-sleeping child part, but all of the colds are gone and we are back to healthy.
When the whole family all of a sudden came down with a cold last week, I came to the conclusion, that we need more vitamins in our life and decided to make this yummy fruit salad. The dressing is really simple, yet it adds so much to the salad. If your kids like mint I highly recommend chopping up a few leaves and mixing them in with the dressing. Arik unfortunately doesn’t like mint so I ended up just adding some to my portion.
So if you guys have found yourselves and your kids bringing home colds this winter, give this healthy immune boosting salad a try. What am I talking about, you should try this one regardless, it is THAT good!
- 1 mango, peeled and chopped
- 9oz./250g strawberries, chopped
- 12oz./350g/about ½ a bunch of grapes, halved
- 4.5oz./1 cup/125g blueberries
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1-1.5 tablespoons honey, depending on how sweet you want it
- handful mint leaves (optional), chopped
- Mix all of the fruit together in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the lime juice, honey and mint (if using).
- Pour dressing over fruit, mix well and serve.
Recipe from Oh! You Cook!