Happy New Year!! Did you all have nice holidays? It’s been pretty hectic around here these last few weeks, which is also the reason the blog has been so quiet. Despite the hecticness, we’ve had an amazing holiday. We met up with my mom-in-law in Paris and also went to Disneyland Paris. Arik preferred the latter, since he got to meet all of his favorite characters, live and in-person, but the Eiffel Tower did seem to impress him as well. 🙂
Then we all travelled back to Berlin and spent Christmas at home. It was really nice having some family (even if it was just one person) around for the holidays. Arik was also really excited to have grandma and all of this new-found attention. New Year’s Eve was spent at home with a Raclette dinner and some kid’s fireworks. And then, sadly, we had to say goodbye to grandma and go back to normal life. Now my brother is here so Arik is back to getting lots of extra attention. I’m thinking once he departs as well, Arik is going to take a while getting used to having just his boring old parents around. 🙂
So, as you can see we’ve been pretty busy and I haven’t had much time to spend in the kitchen. That is why this week’s recipe is really quick and incredibly easy. I know, with all that cheese, it isn’t exactly the healthiest, but it IS delicious. 🙂 It’s sort of a tex-mex take on beef stroganoff using taco seasoning, corn and cheese. Well, I hope you all had a great start to the year and I am excited to see what 2014 has in store for us!
- 8 oz./250g egg noodles
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 lb./500g ground beef
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- ½ cup/125ml water
- ¾ cup/200g corn, I used canned, but frozen should work too
- 1 (8oz./240g) package chive and onion cream cheese
- 1 cup/100g shredded cheese (I used gouda, but cheddar or mexican cheese mix would also be great)
- Cook noodles according to package instructions.
- In a large pan over medium heat, cook onions and ground beef until beef is browned.
- Tilt pan and remove any excess fat.
- Add bell pepper and cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Add taco seasoning, water, and corn and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add cream cheese and shredded cheese; cook until heated through and cheeses are melted.
- Toss with egg noodles and serve.