This pasta dish is my go-to recipe when we have guests and I don’t have much time to cook. You can make this start to finish in about 20 minutes and at the same time impress your guests with a delicious meal. If you want to make the recipe even easier, you can use pre-chopped frozen chives and save yourself some chopping time.
The best thing about this pasta recipe though, is that Arik absolutely loves it and it’s the easiest way ever to get him to have a portion of fish. To ensure that he also gets some veggies, I like to serve this with some fresh-cut bell pepper, cucumber and cherry tomatoes on the side. And of course you can’t forget the baguette to assist in soaking up the yummy sauce…
- 17.5 oz/500g tagliatelle, I like to use fresh pasta from the refrigerated section
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 5 oz/150g sun-dried tomatoes in oil, diced
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- ¾ cup/200ml of cream
- 5 oz/150g smoked salmon, diced
- 1-2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add the garlic, sauteing for about 30 seconds.
- Add tomatoes and chives, stir, and pour in cream. Bring cream to a boil, turn down temperature and let simmer for about 3-4 minutes.
- Add smoked salmon and heat through without bringing the sauce back up to a boil.
- Add lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste and toss sauce together with pasta.
- Grate fresh parmesan cheese over each portion.