This is my mom’s take on lemon chicken and has been in our regular recipe rotation since as long as I can remember. It is a very simple dish that is quickly made and happily eaten by all. I usually pair the chicken with some rice and sauteed vegetables.
I like to prepare the chicken when I have a free moment during my day and then come dinner time all I have to do is stick it in the oven. So easy!!
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- lemon pepper and salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400℉/200℃.
- Rinse off the chicken and pat dry. Pound both chicken breasts until about the same thickness and place in an oven safe dish.
- Season each breast and spread mayonnaise evenly over the top. Cover in breadcrumbs until you can no longer see the mayonnaise. Then sprinkle a pinch of lemon pepper over each breast.
- Cut some lemon wedges and place them around the chicken.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and place in the oven for about 30-35 minutes. After 20-25 minutes remove the foil so the top of the chicken can brown.
- Serve with a fresh lemon wedge to squeeze over the top.