Last week I shared our 10-minute Tomato Soup with you all and as promised, this week I’m sharing the recipe (if you can even call it one) for the grilled cheese rolls we had with the soup. The roll-ups are done in under 10 minutes and the perfect addition to any soup or a great snack on their own.
At first I had some issues with the rolls not staying rolled up. It’s best if you press down on the rolls (with a spatula or something flat) and start with the seam-side down in the pan. Be sure to wait until the seam is sealed before starting to to rotate the rolls and brown the other sides. Once I made sure to do this, my only issue was making them as quickly as Arik was eating them, but this is an issue I’ve become accustomed to.
- 4 slices of sandwich bread
- 4 slices of cheese, I used gouda
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Cut the crusts off of the bread.
- Roll each slice flat with a rolling pin.
- Place a slice of cheese on each piece of bread and roll up tightly.
- Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat.
- Place the rolls, seam-side down, in the pan and press down so that they don't unravel.
- Rotate until golden brown on each side and cheese is melted.