Today’s recipe is once again something I found on Pinterest. I actually pinned these muffins a long time ago, and then, as I so often do, completely forgot about them. Then, recently, when I was searching for some inspiration from my pins, I came across these again and had to try them out right away. And they really are as easy to make and tasty as they look.
First you lay out your dough (I used store-bought because, well, I’m lazy) and spread pizza sauce on it.
Then you sprinkle the cheese and any toppings you and your kids like on top.
Cut the dough in half and roll both halves up.
Cut the rolls into slices, I did about 6 per half, and place them swirly-side up in a greased muffin pan.
Bake according to the dough instructions (I did about 20 minutes) and voila, delicious stuffed pizza muffins!
- 1 batch of pizza dough, store-bought or home-made
- 1 cup/250ml pizza sauce
- 1 cup/100g shredded mozzarella cheese
- Handful of mini pepperoni slices, I just sliced up 5 mini Salamis
- ½ green bell pepper, chopped
- Pre-heat the oven following the directions for your pizza dough.
- Spread out the dough and cover with the sauce, leaving about an inch (2.5cm) without sauce around the edges.
- Cut the dough in half and cover each half with cheese and the desired toppings.
- Roll up each half starting with the cut side.
- Slice off pieces about 1.5 in or 4 cm in size (I got 6 slices per half), and place them into a greased muffin pan with swirled side up.
- Top each muffin with some more cheese and pepperoni slices if you like.
- Bake according to your pizza dough instructions, checking the muffins at about 14 minutes (mine baked for 20 minutes) and remove from oven when golden brown on top.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes and then use a knife to separate the muffins from the pan.