Since it’s been raining here a lot lately, we decided to have a family movie day this week. I’ve been promising Arik this for a while now, so I was happy to finally get around to it. He picked out Ratatouille to watch, I popped popcorn, we stretched out on the couch and spent the afternoon there.
At halftime, I made this pineapple coconut smoothie to try and bring some summer feeling into the place. It totally worked! If you haven’t yet, I highly recommend having a movie day. It really is fun and relaxing for everyone involved (which often times is not the case with toddler activities) and it is a great change-up to those busy weekday afternoons. Oh and the smoothie; I highly recommend that too. It just sweetened up the whole day!
- 1 cup (about 2 handfuls) pineapple chunks
- 1 cup/240ml coconut milk
- 1 cup (about 2 handfuls) ice cubes
- ½ cup/120ml milk
- 1-2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- some shredded coconut, toasted, for garnish
- Combine all of the ingredients except for the shredded coconut in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into glasses, top with toasted coconut and serve immediately.
*Unfortunately, this smoothie cannot be made ahead of time and should be served immediately after mixing.
This time last year: Lighter Sesame Chicken