Do you guys ever find yourselves stumped over what to make for visitors/guests? I do this a lot! I usually end up investing so much time/effort into the actual meal, that dessert is either non-existent or not worth mentioning. If you tend to do this too, then I’ve got the perfect dessert for you.
It doesn’t require too many ingredients and can be made ahead of time. Also, it’s borderline healthy when it comes to desserts and your guests will be totally impressed, not knowing it took you less than 30 minutes to prepare. Oh yeah, and did I mention it’s delicious?
I’ve made this numerous times, and every time I end up using a different kind of cookie. My all time favorite was Pepperidge Farms Double Chocolate Brownie Cookie! You can use your favorite store-bought cookie, or if you’re feeling ambitious, you could bake these chocolate chip cookies yourself. 🙂 Either way this dessert is a winner and your days fretting over what to make for guests are over.
- 7 mandarin oranges or tangerines
- 1 package of chocolate cookies (about 5oz. or 150g)
- 2 cups/500g quark, may be substituted with plain or plain greek yogurt
- 3-4 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup whipping cream
- chocolate sprinkles for topping
- Fillet the oranges (step-by-step instructions).
- Break up the cookies into smaller pieces.
- In a medium bowl, stir together quark or yogurt with sugar and vanilla.
- Whip the cream and fold into the quark/yogurt mixture.
- Layer the cream, cookies, and mandarin oranges in 6 glasses.
- Top each one with a last dollop of cream and some chocolate sprinkles.
Recipe from Lecker on Foodboard.de
This time last year: Tortilla Pinwheels with Turkey, Cheese and Avocado