Well, summer is leaving us and I need to start thinking of some new indoor activities for Arik and me. I know I already mentioned the weather and seasons changing in my last post, but I can’t seem to accept it just yet. This week, Arik and I, already cooked together, fingerpainted and built a lego-table (which was a pretty great idea I found here)…what the heck am I going to do for the rest of fall and winter??
Regardless, I definitely wanted to achieve a little summer feeling one last time, so I decided to do this by baking. So, here they are, some summery Lemon Raspberry Yoghurt Muffins. Okay, so it’s not exactly like laying on the beach in 80 degree weather, but at least it’s something you can do indoors with your kiddies to fight the boredom…
- 2 cups/250g flour
- ¾ cup/95g sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 8 oz./240g plain yoghurt
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2 cups/400g raspberries
- 1 organic lemon
- Preheat the oven to 375℉/175℃. Grease 18 muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
- Stir together flour, sugar, baking soda and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl combine yoghurt, egg, vanilla, butter, berries, one tablespoon lemon juice and the zest of one lemon.
- Carefully stir together the two mixtures just until combined; batter will be very thick. Spoon into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes.