Egg in a Hole is something we eat quite often in our family, since it is so easy to make and delicious to eat. This christmas tree version though, is something new I tried and Arik absolutely loved it. He almost wanted to just keep the tree and not eat it…almost!
We will definitely be having this breakfast again on Christmas morning. This way no-one (aka me) has to spend the morning in the kitchen whipping up something fancy, yet we still get to have a festive breakfast. I hope you all have a very merry Christmas filled with lots of family, fun and food and I will see you all next year!! Muaah!
- Butter for the pan
- 1 piece of bread; I used whole-wheat
- 1 egg
- bell pepper for garnish
- Place a pan over medium heat and add some butter.
- While the butter is melting, take a slice of bread and use a christmas tree cookie cutter to cut out a hole in the center of the bread.
- Place the bread in the hot pan, break the egg into the hole, cover and allow to cook for a few minutes. Be sure to also cook the cut-out piece of toast (the tree) on the side.
- Once the egg has set enough, flip the bread and cook for about 30-60 seconds more, depending on how done you want your egg.
- While the egg is cooking, cut out a star and some strips using a yellow and a red bell pepper.
- Place the bread and egg onto a plate and garnish with the bell pepper and serve with your cut-out piece of tree toast as a dipper.